Wednesday, December 04, 2013

A Poverty Huckster Exposed

Let me tell you something about the left that irritates the hell out of me.
That is when they engage in role playing.
Not just role playing but lying about their role playing.
The latest role player is one Linda Walther Tirado.
She wrote for The Puffington Post this gem about what it is like to be poor. How terrible her life is being in poverty. Going to college and working two jobs. How hard it is if the Planned Parenthood office is so far and costs so much in gas money for someone in her horrible condition. Oh and there is plenty more. It is essentially a justification for poor decision making that poor people make.
Only problem with Mrs. Tirado.
She is not who she claims she is.
If not for the intrepid reporting of Angelica Leicht at the alternative Houston Press, why many of the people who have a little knowledge of this would continue to believe her sad, sad story. Many of my friends will still pass this around on Facebook, but maybe they will do so with a disclaimer. Maybe MSNBC host Toure will apologize for perpetuating the lie. About the time Al Sharpton does for lying about the Tawana Bradley rape hoax. 
So, lets take a look at some of Mrs. Tirado's claims of poverty.
One thing that she's truthful about is that she is married. But here is the first paragraph of the post.

Rest is a luxury for the rich. I get up at 6AM, go to school (I have a full courseload, but I only have to go to two in-person classes) then work, then I get the kids, then I pick up my husband, then I have half an hour to change and go to Job 2. I get home from that at around 1230AM, then I have the rest of my classes and work to tend to. I'm in bed by 3. This isn't every day, I have two days off a week from each of my obligations. I use that time to clean the house and soothe Mr. Martini and see the kids for longer than an hour and catch up on schoolwork. Those nights I'm in bed by midnight, but if I go to bed too early I won't be able to stay up the other nights because I'll fuck my pattern up, and I drive an hour home from Job 2 so I can't afford to be sleepy. I never get a day off from work unless I am fairly sick. It doesn't leave you much room to think about what you are doing, only to attend to the next thing and the next. Planning isn't in the mix.

Wow! What a sad life she has. I would actually feel somewhat bad for her if it was true in any sense. 
But, alas, it's not. 
It is a totally fictional account of poverty from the beginning to the end.
According to Miss Leicht, Mrs. Tirado not only wrote a lie of a piece but also the comments and rebuttals. 
And the totally best part? 
Mrs. Tirado is pimping for money for herself at a website called Go Fund Me. And let me be clear, Go Fund Me is a good site and many if not most people that use it are truly good and well meaning. It should not be impugned because of this lying scum.
So why am I so upset?
Could it be that she went to a boarding school as a child? A boarding school that the former 2012 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney attended? Could it be that she has a home that her parents helped her attain? I mean, it might not be a mansion, but I am certain that it is not the Roach Motel that she writes about. And tell me, pray tel, how this gal in her impoverished state found time to not only blog about but be a political consultant? Was that in between the two jobs or college? Oh, she writes about her crappy and missing teeth. Did I mention that she is married to a marine? A marine that would have, oh I don't know, HEALTH AND DENTAL insurance? Oh, and do go to this link because her photo here looks like she has decent looking teeth to me. Maybe its the back teeth. The teeth few people if any see. 

You see, I don't like people that lie, and Mrs. Tirado did no matter what she tries to write in the form of a disclaimer. 
She has never, ever lived a moment of her life as a poor person. And her writing about it reads like a cheesy Hollywood script written by someone else that fantasize about what it is like to be poor.
Oh, and the Houston Press writer, Angelica Leicht? 
She wrote the truth about her young life in real poverty. Her mama was not taking a toothpick to kill roaches. Such a horrid stereotype. And Miss Leicht makes another point from her reality. That poor people are NOT dirty. Many have at least one parent that at the very least keeps them clean and clothed. Those parents do not want their situation to affect their children as much as possible.
I do not need some poverty fan gal to write to anyone about being poor when she is not and has never been. I do not need her to be a shnorror* off of well meaning people who have "donated" nearly $62,000 for who knows what. Supposedly to write a book to stick up for the little people.
Hey, Linda! If you want to get money to fund something, maybe you should try a bank first. You know they lend money to people. People who do have the means to pay back as I know that you do. Maybe get some like minded people to invest in your scam book or what you admit is your own "naval-gazing" 
How many people that really do not have disposable income do you think you have fleeced by your tale of lies? Do you feel any, I mean any guilt? You should because it is not a reality to lie about your circumstances. To make people feel sorry for you. So sorry that you beg for money online. 
I could actually write about lean times in my own life. I had some growing up and even as an adult. Hell, I'm unemployed right now. The thing is that I don't think it is right for me to write such things about myself. For me they are not a part of my life I need to share with a wide audience. You may not get it, but I do have some pride and yes, morality. The pride is I do not want people to look at those aspects of my life with some kind of pity. They are but part of a larger picture. The morality is that I would not use that to shnorror money from people for any reason. 
What Mrs. Tirado reminds me of, in a low-rent way, is the left-wing do gooders who pretend to be poor and or homeless. Or the politicians who claim that they will live like a poor person on Food Stamps for what, a week. You know, to bring publicity on the plight of the poor. I would love for one of these people to have a talk with Jason the surfer dude and his plight of poverty. In fact, Jason the surfer dude and Mrs. Tirado do have something in common. 
They are both leeches off of taxpayers and people that are really poor and really could use some of Mrs. Tirado's money and Jason's food stamps. 
People like Mrs. Tirado do not open a window on the world of being poor and or impoverished. They open a dark window on the soul of one that would lie about such things and profit from it.

*Shnorror- A begger; someone who always looking for a handout or a free ride; the guy who's always in the bathroom when the check comes; the person who's constantly borrowing but never returning; someone who's continually sponging off others. 


 

No comments: