Thursday, May 17, 2012

My 2012 Election Map As Of Today

Today I will start a hopeful weekly feature here at Right View From The Left Coast and it is the 2012 presidential election map.
A great feature over at Real Clear Politics is an interactive map in which you can make an map of who will win what state.
So, here is my projection as of today, Thursday, May 17, 2012:
Romney wins
Because for some reason, and probably because I am not all that well versed on transferring the image, I have to link it.
But here is what I have as the electoral college prediction as of today:

Miit Romney      336   
Barack Obama    202

The difference between my projection and the one provided by Real Clear Politics is that they have toss up states. I do not.
So, why do I do that? How do I look at things that clearly now?
I do not. I do have a lot more solid Romney states that RCP does. There are just some that the Democrats will not be able to pry no matter what.
Really, South Carolina, one of the most Republican states in the South leaning to Mr. Romney? Not a chance that South Carolina will even be close.
But by taking out the toss-up states, I simply make this what it will be on election day. While it is only May, the whole point is to see where said candidate will be on Tuesday evening, November 6, 2012.
That is why I just look at the state, try to think is there any major change since 2008 and pick accordingly. Polls are somewhat important in each state. But so many are not real battlegrounders that one can figure where they will go now.
But, the caveat is that this can change week to week. That is why it is going to be, hopefully, a weekly feature until Election Day.

No comments: