Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stuff White People Like And Their Contributions To The Downfall Of The United States

One of my best friends, proprietor of the Unmarried Man blog, is often kind of sort of crazy on a lot of his topics.
But one thing he is spot on about is moniker Stuff White People Like.
It is a book and had been a blog. But it really should be called Stuff White Liberal People Like.
Mr. Unmarried Man commented on my post on the douchebagette, Janeane Garafalo and how she is pretty ignorant and seems to spout off things just to keep up with her fellow travelling SWPL crowd.
It is very, very true.
From the now defunct SWPL blog is what the writers, Christian Lander and Miles Valentin, is the complete list of SWPL.
Of course by osmosis and just the reality of today's United States, I admit that I like some things on the 134 thinks SWPL.
Yeah, I like coffee. However, when I walk into the local Starbucks, I am their easiest customer. A large coffee, black, no room. Oops! My bad! I do not refer to the size in Starbuckese. I believe that it is called a Venti. No, we are in the United States. I speak English. And I want a large coffee, black, no room. Period.
Or a Frapacino with everything. Again either a small, medium or large. Period.
I do like farmer's markets. But most of the people look like the homeless that traipse about my town. I like good food and like to support people that are making an honest living. That is why I like farmer's markets. No agenda from me.
I consider myself aware. However I think that what a SWLPL considers awareness and I are oceans apart. I am aware that our federal government is overtaxing, over regulating and trying to stick their nose into business that no concern to them. I am aware that Islamofacsist terror is a real and present threat, besides SWLPL, to our way of life in the United States. I can go on, but you get the point.
I like travelling. But so far it is mostly limited to the United States. Travelling to a SWLPL person is overseas. And to some "exotic" places. Like India. Sorry but yes, call me the Ugly American. I do not see why I should spend hard-earned money to see abject poverty, corruption, hopelessness first hand. And call it a vacation. No thanks. I prefer the ol' Hyundai Tucson, Mrs. RVFTLC and Scout, the Wonder Dog and seeing the wonders that are the United States.
Yeah, I like breakfast places. But again, my kind of breakfast place and the SWLPL probably are different.
Take this fine establishment in Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga, California, the BC Cafe. Look at the size of the dishes! Yeah, I can finish some of them. But often times, I do need a hand from the missus. But, to the SWLPL, this is just awful. Too much food. Blah, blah, blah. Hey, let me eat what the hell I want in peace, please!
Oh yeah, count me in the people that hate those that wear Ed Hardy clothing. BLEECH! You have the see it to believe it. And how much people pay for such dreck.
But if you look at the list that I have linked, there is something rather serious about a lot of it.
I absolutely believe that a lot of it is why the United States is on the precipice of being the lone superpower to just another nation in the United Nations.
It is a lack of self-awareness that these SWLPL that seems to fuel their likes and or dislikes. But many of these people are in important positions in the arts, entertainment, religion, politics and even in the armed forces. And they are taking this list, checking it twice, and trying to sway the mass of Americans towards this direction.
No, it is not a purposeful conspiracy. They would actually have to be smart to pull it off. But it is the whole being around like-minded people theory. When you are around those like you and do not expose yourself to the other side, you have the well everyone thinks like me attitude.
But again, look at the list. Think about what you see at the movies. Watch on television. Listen to on the radio. Buy online. It goes on and on.
This is what is undermining what I think it means to be an American. We are the leaders, not the followers. We set the trends, not follow the trends. We are the defenders of freedom and liberty, not the enablers of totalitarianism and suppression that is most of the world.
These people may mean well, but they are we are sowing as the future of this great nation. And the end result is our leadership from the Dear Leader, President Obama, on down.
While it is fun to mock these people, they do need to be taken seriously.
And that, my friends, is the tragedy.

2 comments:

An Unmarried Man said...

SWPL is offline now? Geesh. Half my blogroll is now defunct. What the hell?

Yeah, lefty politics are not my problem at all. I enjoy some of the fringe types.

However, SWPL is really just middle of the road garbage whose agenda is really only "social liberalism." They aren't liberal. They tell themselves this but they are wealthy elitists who presume they know better than anyone else. That's what I hate.

An Unmarried Man said...

Oh, and you are very correct.

I am CRAZY LOL!