Friday, November 27, 2009

How To Make Your Significant Other Happy This Christmas

On a lighter note, Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast and your humble blogger did something we never do the day after Thanksgiving
We braved the Black Friday crowds and I came out a winner. As did Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast.
One thing about Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast is that she is always Christmas shopping. I mean all year long. It can be the middle of July, 110 degrees outside and we can be in a store or a mall and she will exclaim, "That will make a perfect Christmas gift for (Fill in the blank)!" As I am schvitzing in an air conditioned mall, firing back, "How can you think of Christmas now! In the middle of July! It is one hundred and ten freaking degrees out there!"
BTW, schvitzing is a Yiddish word for sweating. Probably more than you need to know!
Because of Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast doing that all year along, we can usually get a nice gift, usually one for the both of us.
One thing that Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast has had her eye on for quite a long time is a Kitchen-aid mixer. You know the kind. See the photo below:I am not sure that this is the exact one, but I am not really allowed into the kitchen but to get things Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast needs or to do the dishes.
But, as we went to Kohl's a little after 12 noon today, it was a packed parking lot. I let Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast out and found a parking spot. That was another five minutes. Then I went in, met the missus and went our separates ways, vowing to meet each other around 12:30pm.
We met at around the appointed time. And to my surprise, Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast, had her her hot hands a Kitchen-aid four ounce mixer. She said that it would be a really great deal because the regular price was $259.95c. There was 15% off, a $20 mail-in rebate. Then I said, sign up for a credit card. Another 20% off. All told, we paid about a little over $100 bucks for this item. Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast was happy. I was happy with my meager purchases. In comparison, they were. But, I was happy.
And, as The Other McCain pointed out in his post on this very subject, it is a great thing to make your wife, or your signifigant other, a happy camper at Christmas. BTW, Stacy, I got the Cuisinart Grind and Brew for the missus a couple of years ago. And it has been an great investment. It makes BOTH of us very happy campers.
So, was it worth it to brave Black Friday to end up making Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast happy! It always is, my friends. It always is.
Find a good way to make your significant other happy this Christmas. It is a very good feeling!

No comments: