Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Current Obama Thugocracy

US News & World Report's Michael Barone's latest column is a compendium of what he calls the coming Obama Thugocracy.
Folks, I hate to break this to you.
It is already here.
While Mr. Barone gives us just a short list of some of what the United States could be like with a President Obama in the next four years, consider these two situations.
Apparently, a hotel can not make the wrong endorsement.
In this story in the Washington Post, The Colony South Hotel in Clinton, Maryland had the nerve, the nerve I tell you, to have this on their marquee:

"COUNTRY FIRST/MCCAIN-PALIN"

How dare they?! How dare they have the gall to actually support this, this Republican ticket?!
Oh, Clinton, Maryland is in Prince George's county, the most Democrat county in Maryland. Roughly about 77% of registered voters are Democrats. And it is the wealthiest black majority county in the United States.
So, somehow because there are so few Republicans in this county, a hotel owner does not have the right to show who they support in the presidential election?
I guess not.
Look at some of reaction of the people in Clinton shows a real lack of getting what has made the United States the nation that it is.
Here is a "community activist", Arthur Turner:
"Businesspeople have to be mindful of the sentiments and sensibilities of their market trading area, and Prince George's County is overwhelmingly for Obama," "People I have talked to look at the sign as a slap in the face. They feel it was blatant disrespect. . . . I have heard people say they will no longer patronize Colony South because of that disrespect."
Now, there is not one thing disrespectful about what was an expression of free and yes, political speech. So, because one area is so overwhelmingly pro-Obama, that means anyone who is not pro-Obama just has to sit down and shut up? NOT!
Consider this gem from Ron Walters, a University of Maryland professor:
The marquee supporting the GOP ticket in "an area that is strongly African American was like putting a stink bomb in the middle of the living room," "What it does show is the emotions that are around this campaign and this election."
So, let me get this straight. Because an area is majority black, they can not take the fact that, not everyone is black and not everyone is a supporter of Sen. Messiah Barack? It appears that many can not.
In defense of the hotel, a local resident and member of the Obama finance team, Orlan Johnson had this to say:
"This is a highly charged election where the stakes are extremely high and emotions are running high on all fronts," "But it is difficult for me to believe that individuals shouldn't continue to have the opportunity to exercise their right to free speech. It would be un-American to not allow that to happen."
Amen, my brother! And, a sane voice within Team Obama.
Needless to say, the threat of losing business made the Colony South Hotel take down a pro-McCain sign.
Now, there is the man that may be the change for this election, Joe the Plumber.
Who is Joe the Plumber?
None other than Toledo, Ohio resident Joe Wuezelbacher.
And what sin did Mr. Wurzelbacher commit against the One?
Mr. Wurzelbacher dared to ask the One why he would want to punish someone like himself who wants to buy a plumbing business and potentially make more than $250,000 a year. Since, according to the One, people who make $250,000 or more are rich. The One wants to raise their taxes.
It is what The One said to Mr. Wurzelbacher that is very revealing. The One told Mr. Wurzelbacher that he was just wanting to spread the wealth. To give people a chance to share the American dream.
So, who died and made The One boss of who gets and does not get in a potential Obama administration.
Well, because this exchange was filmed and went out, it was a perfect opportunity for the DDBMSOWM to take this malcontent down.
Consider this exchange between a local reporter and Mr. Wurzelbacher:


REPORTER: When you registered with the Natural Law Party, what were you thinking then?
WURZELBACHER: We've been there, brother, come on now.
REPORTER: It's a registered political party.
WURZELBACHER: I've been telling you, I don't really remember and you're going on. I mean really?
REPORTER: Fine, so you don't remember registering?
WURZELBACHER: I told you that, right?
REPORTER: but you didn't know what they represented or something?
WURZELBACHER: Okay. well -- none of this is national, is it?
REPORTER: What is the biggest issue for you?
WURZELBACHER: I have a lot of issues. Personally, then as far as the country. the biggest issue, I don't know if there's a biggest issue.
REPORTER: What do you hope nor your son's future?
WURZELBACHER: Not to have to pay $10 trillion back. I mean come on now. Social Security is a joke. I have parents. I don't need another set of parents called the government. You know, let me take my money and invest it how I please. Social Security, I've never believed it, I don't like it I hate that it's forced on me. You know, as far as for my son, I want him to live in america that he's proud of, I'm tired of people doubting america. saying that we're the bad country. I mean that upsets me and my friends greatly. you know, we are the greatest country in the world. Stop apologizing for it. I mean really, I get real mad about that I'm not sorry for being american. I'm not sorry for having the things i have. I've worked for them. I'm not sorry their I wish our borders were closed and you have to come through in a legal manner. I'm not sorry for any of those things, I'm not sorry that we're in Iraq. My friend notice military that come back and have told me the thanks that they've received for us being there. It doesn't get enough play. We've liberated another country. freedom, things that every one of you guys take for credit -- take for granted. Everything that Americans take for granted, these guys haven't had it, now they've got that's an incredible thing. That's almost, I don't know if you are Christians or not, but that's like somebody coming to Jesus and being saved. These guys have freedom. Our guys here that are poverty stricken have cell phones. Those people over there, they have one pair of pants and a shirt. You know, what we've done over there is an incredible thing. Has it kept us safe? Absolutely. I believe in that 100%. Wmds or not, I don't care, we took the fight to them, we've done a pretty good job there. Could have done better? Yeah, sure, but It's easy being an arm chair quarterback. Hindsight they say is 20/20. I call it x-ray vision. So i'm like i said, proud of our military and proud what we've done over there. so that's pretty much the main thing there....
REPORTER: Not to hammer this too much, but being local, we're curious what your ties are here. I know we talked about it a little bit. where you were born and all that kind of stuff?
WURZELBACHER: I was born here. Toledo hospital. No, I'm sorry, St. Charles. I only found that out when I was 18. I thought i was born in the South and raised southern. I found out I was born in toledo. That took me back for a second. Raised down south in Florida. We called it L.A., lower Alabama. ...
REPORTER: Your family is from here?
WURZELBACHER: Yeah, for the most part.
REPORTER: Was your dad born here?
WURZELBACHER: He's actually from cincinnati.
REPORTER: That's where you get the bengals from.
WURZELBACHER : Yes.
REPORTER: Then you came back six years ago. who else is still here?
WURZELBACHER: My mom and dad are still here. I have aunts and uncles out in point place. so i've got a pretty good family here. we're all real close. We're together just about every other weekend during the summer having a barbecue somewhere....
REPORTER: If you say you'll be here for a long time, you anticipate taking over the business, would you ever run for office locally?
WURZELBACHER: You know, it sounds cool. but I really don't know what that entails. I don't know what kind of sacrifices would have to be made. I'm bagging on the politicians a little bit, but there are sacrifices they make and I don't know what all that entails. I'm sure it's difficult to a degree.
REPORTER: Do you think county commissioner?
WURZELBACHER: I have no thoughts on that at all right now. I'm just happy being a plumber. I'm about beat. what's that? WURZELBACHER: You know, i'm still warm from my workout earlier.
REPORTER: Do you think senator mccain will stop by your house?
WURZELBACHER: I asked the campaign if he would....REPORTER: They haven't reached out to you since this started?
WURZELBACHER: They called me and asked me to attend one of their rally's, but I'll be in new york over the weekend, so I haven't.
REPORTER: Have you seen Kevin Costner's ""swing vote""?
WURZELBACHER: I haven't seen that movie yet. I'm too busy working.
REPORTER: What does your wife or girlfriend think about all this?
WURZELBACHER: I don't have one, so I couldn't tell you.
REPORTER: What about your boy?
WURZELBACHER: My son is excited. He's jacked. He got to do a couple of interviews this morning. He and his friend, I imagine that's cool being 13 and saying you're on tv and your friends are seeing you. So my son is really, really happy about it. That's about the extent of that. all right, you guys are done. Thank you, guys, I really appreciate it.

So, in this exchange, we learn more about a man that simply asked The One a question about his tax policy, than the same DDBMSOWM have dared to ask about the relationship between The One and William Ayres, Bernadine Dohrn, The "Rev". Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko and many more in the assorted cast of horrors that associate with The One.
Amazing.
Oh, we also find out that Mr. Wurzelbacher has a property lien by the State of Ohio for a back tax debt. And, Mr. Wurzelbacher does not have a plumber's licsence.
Again, look at all we know in less than 24 hours after the debate about an American citizen that simply asked The One a question on tax policy.
Amazing.
So, if anyone thinks that we just have to wait until Wednesday, November 5, to see what an America under the rule of The One, here is a taste.



HT: Drudge Report, Amanda Carpenter @ www.townhall.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, in this exchange, we learn more about a man that simply asked The One a question about his tax policy, than the same DDBMSOWM have dared to ask about the relationship between The One and William Ayres, Bernadine Dohrn, The "Rev". Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko and many more in the assorted cast of horrors that associate with The One.
Amazing."

It's not "amazing," it's shameful.