Saturday, August 02, 2008

Off A Couple Of Days

I will have little if any posts after this as Mrs. rightviewfromtheleftcoast, Scout, the Wonder Dog, and I are taking the rest of the weekend in San Diego.
San Diego is the last sane urban area in California as it is ran by the Republicans. It is the opposite of San Francisco.
We will be taking in the San Diego Padres at PETCO Park and tomorrow horse racing at Del Mar and Monday at Balboa Park.
If you ever get to California, this is the place to go. Great weather, great sites and sane government. What more can anyone ask for?
Hope all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Kevin said...

I've always heard that San Diego was all the best of CA without all the hassles. It's really close to Mexico though...

Pat Jenkins said...

wow quite the weekend for 64. playin the ponies, catchin' the padres, and manny comes to town... holy cow!!

Incognito said...

I adore San Diego... go there whenever I can.. when I visit L.A.
enjoy!!

Z said...

TOO close to the border..yup. But very nice! Hope you had a good time.

Incognito...leave time for me in L.A.! can't wait!

Ray York said...

I recently spent an enjoyable weekend in one of California's conservative strongholds; South Orange County. Here many people are voting for McCain, because Obama is out of the question. They also feel that will they will voice their opinion viciously when (not if) he screws up like his view on Immigration in a near Bankrupt State like California. The illegal aliens and the deficit go hand in hand. Many feel that McCain can be controlled through aggressive letter writing and telephoning local Congressmen. I don't think that people (even from South Orange County) can be that aggressive to get the President to do the right thing for this country. However, McCain will put more Conservative judges in the Supreme Court then Obama.

Ron Simpson said...

if there was a place in CA that I would move to, it would be San Diego. my kids love Sea World.