Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just A Wee Bit Too Much

Please tell me that I am dreaming? Is this The secular Messiah already proclaiming his victory and the rest is in the details?
No, it is an unfortunately cutsie way for Sen. Messiah Barack, I suppose, to add a little gravitas to his campaign.
Why, he even has discovered a little Latin, for panache I suppose.
Vero possumus?
Oh come on, we should all know the Latin that we learned in school. Oh, I'm sorry, we do not learn Latin in government schools.
Anyway, vero possumus is, are you ready? YES WE CAN!
As an aside, the last time I heard such a trite campaign slogan was not in a campaign, but in sports.
In 1979, it was the then California Angels rallying cry on their way to their first division title. I remember it like yesterday.
YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!
At least as a sports rally cry, it makes sense.
But, as a political slogan it is moronic. Every candidate can use that and, like so much Sen. Messiah Barack says, it means not one thing.
Can what? Can wake up in the morning? Can use a restroom? Can drink a cup of coffee? Can drive our SUVs? Keep our air conditioners at 72 degrees? Can eat what we want?
Well, when it comes to the last three items, according to Sen. Messiah Barack, it is NO WE CAN'T!
Really, the seal is too much. But it is so typical of a campaign that is all symbolism and no substance. Whenever the substance gets out, like Sen. Messiah Barack lecturing us on SUV usage, how we adjust our temperatures and if we can eat what we want, people scratch their collective heads and mumble, "Huh?!" "What the hell does he mean?!"
So, it means he has to stay away from any real positions. They, and his professional relationships are what keeps getting our secular Messiah in trouble in the first place.
I think that Sen. Messiah Barack needs to have the asterisk around vero possumus*-except when it comes to SUVs, personal climate control and how we eat.
Since I went to government schools, please give me the Latin for "NO WE CAN'T".

5 comments:

Rick Frea said...

He's anti-American. He trashd the American President symbol with his own.

I can see him banning the use of SUV, air conditioners, and things like that. I can see him infringing on our God given freedoms that way.

I actually miss Hillary. Never thought I'd say that.

Nikki said...

This does have a huge throw up factor to it. I am hoping and yes praying that something will happen before the election, possibly a bunch of disgruntled conservatives will pull their heads out of their asses...excuse the language. great rant! :)N

Righty64 said...

I am with you Nikki. I can not sit out this election. I have many problems with the GOP nominee, but what? Sit home, vote third party and hand the keys of the White House to Sen. Messiah Barack? No way! And, yes Freadom, I ALMOST miss Hillary!

Pat Jenkins said...

yes we can, i like the rally monkey better.... i am trying to think of a few angels on the team in 79. did fred lynn or doug desences ( i know i spelled his name wrong) fill out the roster yet?..... to your post, if we see obama taking such license before he is even president what is he going to do if he is elected?

Anonymous said...

Photoshopping the Presidential Seal is cool! For a high school freshman. For a candidate for President it's yet more proof of his lack of experience. Not a gaffe a "real" candidate would make.