Monday, August 06, 2007

Blogging Means Different Things To Different People And Groups

Why do I blog? It is simple. To share information and to have a free forum to discuss the events of the day and or just write about silly stuff on occasion. For me, it is freedom.
Why to the Daily Kos crowd, et al, blog? To make a difference and to influence a political party, the Democrat party, and possibly an election or two.
There is a huge difference. I do not expect my visit from Mitt Romney because I am sure to many I am nothing but a shill for his Republican presidential quest. I do not get a check from Hugh Hewitt even though I link to him quite often. I do not expect my Episcopal diocesan bishop, the Rt. Rev. John Bruno, to be all that thrilled when I write about the decrepit state of the Episcopal Church, USA. Won't be getting any love from Barry Bonds concerning my views on his home run "record." And that is the way I want it.
I have a lot of freedom having this blog site. I do not abuse it with a slew of pointless profanities. Even my references to Sen. John McCain are edited so any one can read this blog. I don't have as much an axe to grind, but what I try to offer on this site is stories and thoughts that you will not see in the Dinosaur, Drive-by, Mainstream Media, DDBMSM.
The Daily Kos crowd, as well as Huffington Post, claim to be something they are not. Free forums. But, why then when a United States soldier confronted a seminar at the recent Yearly Kos convention was he shouted down? If they are open, they should have let the soldier talk and debate. But, they are not really interested in debate. They want a seat at the political table and to be an influence on the Democrat party. So far they have succeeded at both. The top three Democrat presidential candidates went to their little convention this past weekend and groveled at the feet of the crowd, begging them to keep it up. Not one Democrat went to the meeting of the Democrat Leadership Council, the moderate Democrat group founded by, among others, former President Bill Clinton and former Vice-President Al Gore. They are just so old school.
These bloggers want power. I just want to be able to share with you information and ideas from the conservative side of the equation. With a lot of freedom to not have to be in the hip pocket of any group, organization or political party. For the record, I am a Republican and believe that one of the best ways to have a strong political party is not to always be in lockstep. That is why, for instance, we have primaries for the presidential nomination. There are nine announced candidates and a chance to check them all out. I do not think I take the conventional route since I support Mitt Romney. No, I am not on his payroll.
Only recently has a conservative alternative, townhall.com, been around to coalesce conservative opinion and be a somewhat answer to Daily Kos and the vomitorium of the left.
But, I choose to be out of their blog listing. I want the freedom of blogging on my own. All I can do on my own is write and do all I can to make this site even better.
I do not blog in allegiance to anyone but myself and those that read this blog, no matter what they believe. I wish the lefty bloggers felt the same way.

1 comment:

Pat Jenkins said...

very well said 64. and i for one encourage you to keep doing what you are doing!!!