Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Reverend Pat, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk

Be it for me to cast the first stone regarding the Reverend Pat Robertson, but today's choice comment concerning Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's massive stroke is worth rebutting.
The fact that he said it is God's judgment because he followed through in giving the Gaza Strip to the Palestinian Authority is poor theology.
People seem to forget that there is God and the Devil-good and evil. Bad things do not happen because God lets them. The Devil, like God, is battling for souls. But not for good, for bad.
I don't think that God decided to punish Mr. Sharon, or his potential successor(s) who try to proceed with the peace process.
I myself oppose the giving of land for peace, ask former British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain how successful that was!
But the Reverend Pat needs to step back and stop saying silly things.
I know about silly things. I belong to the Episcopal Church and many silly things are said every Sunday in many a pulpit.
I can not always defend what an Episcopal preacher says any more than I can not defend the Reverend Pat.
So I would say please Reverend Pat stop the insanity and stick to saving souls-not politicians.

No comments: