Thursday, January 05, 2006

Governor Davis, er Arnold's State of the State

WOW! Gray Davis is back in Sacramento!
I mean, how else can you explain who that was standing in the well of the California state capital and gave the State of the State speech?
It looked like Governor Arnold, but sounded like he was Gray Davis.
Is it because of Susan Kennedy, is Democrat Chief of Staff? Is it because he feels that the special election from last year was a mistake because they lost or that he did not, or does not, believe in them?
All I can say is that Governor Arnold needs to step back and realize that many a Republican may just nominate him to run for reelection this year and sit home on election day.
I mean, why vote for the watered-down version and not get the real thing, a Democrat?
I am hoping this is a bad dream, that if he wins reelection he will jettison this and return to being a Republican that fights for lower taxes, individual rights and law and order.
Maybe, just maybe this is the run to the center stragedy. I mean I know Governor Arnold is not Ronald Reagan, but I will settle for a George Deukmejian or Pete Wilson.
Come back Arnold, come back!

No comments: